Oh school. What a bother. Doug and I are almost done with spring term, and we don't plan on going summer term... thank goodness. Working full time will be a nice break I think. Things at The Laundry are interesting. One day we worked on our animal impersonations. I got everyone rolling on the floor (not literally, that would be really gross) with my seagull, it went something like this "I-eeee". Other favorites were zebra, whooping crane, donkey, and BobWhite. Apparently there is a bird called a Bob White, whose sound is "bob white bob white" I'll believe it when I hear it. We also find random things in the laundry, which we play with. Today there were kitchen tongs in the table cloths, we've also found a head-lamp thing, and it worked, we even found beef jerky in a bag (no we didn't eat it- bedbugs).
About Pepper:
She learned how to drink out of the toilet, I resisted the temptation to push her in this morning... She isn't opposed to getting wet, which stinks because when she's doing something wrong I can't spray her with water and have her stop. The other day was really hot in the apartment, I could tell she was really hot, so I petted her with wet hands. I kept dipping my hand in water, and eventually I got her soaked, and she just sat there and took it. Weirdo. She is as defiant as a two-year-old. She'll put her paws on my couch, look at me, and then start scratching it. All I have to do is point my finger and give her a death stare and she gives a protest cry, but then stops. Jenny can attest to this. She likes to sit out on our balcony and watch people or catch bugs.
About Pepper:
She learned how to drink out of the toilet, I resisted the temptation to push her in this morning... She isn't opposed to getting wet, which stinks because when she's doing something wrong I can't spray her with water and have her stop. The other day was really hot in the apartment, I could tell she was really hot, so I petted her with wet hands. I kept dipping my hand in water, and eventually I got her soaked, and she just sat there and took it. Weirdo. She is as defiant as a two-year-old. She'll put her paws on my couch, look at me, and then start scratching it. All I have to do is point my finger and give her a death stare and she gives a protest cry, but then stops. Jenny can attest to this. She likes to sit out on our balcony and watch people or catch bugs.
As a side note, I was looking through pictures and found this old one. Doug apparently didn't want baby Pepper to eat his popcorn. Precious.
I started a little herb garden, so far only parsley and sage have sprouted... It's been two weeks since I planted the seeds, should I be worried? I also planted a pot of cat grass and catnip. The grass grew really fast.
What is up with Utah weather? We skipped spring. It went from blistery cold to unbearably, sweaty knee pits hot. Where is my nice pleasant warmth? Oh well, at least it's warm now and not freezing. On a happier note, Winco Foods opened in Orem :D Salt water taffy is only $2 a pound. And the bulk food is awesome. They even have cat food... I'd buy it if I thought Pepper would eat it. She's spoiled, we still give her canned food, supplemented with hard food. She's still so skinny, I just want her to get fat, or at least a little chubby.
P.s. I just noticed, as I was about to post this blog, that I had titled it "The pass few weeks" When I was writing it I knew it didn't sound quite right, but I just shrugged it off. Der. "The past few weeks." The sun is making me more blonde, in more ways than one.
No comments:
Post a Comment