Monday, June 13, 2011

My Kiddies


I like cats because they are cuddly. They aren't bony like dogs, they can just curl up in your lap and their body will conform around yours. I'm lucky to have Milo, he's affectionate all the time. Pepper can be a real brat sometimes, but she has redeeming moments. Like when Doug pours a bowl of cereal downstairs, she hears it from upstairs, and she comes running down to lick his bowl when he's done.

Don't get me wrong. I want a dog. I want to be able to train something, and not just spray it with water when it jumps onto the counter (I honestly hope my dog won't jump onto the counter). I like the idea of taking a dog places, hiking, to the park, camping, etc etc. But for apartment living I think cats are the best choice.

I just had to include this picture. I was making bread yesterday and Milo was very concerned about the noises. He would jump up, and circle it, look in, meow, circle it meow, etc. Then the cuteness was over and I had to spray him square in the face with water.

In other news, the Mavs won the NBA Finals, and we couldn't be happier. Doug, because he's not a big fan of "King James," and me because when Doug's happy everything is good. There's nothing worse than having a depressed hubby because his team lost.

In other other news, Doug and I did some great shopping over the weekend. He needs dressy clothes for his new job, so we've been on the lookout for good deals. JcPenny had their ad in-store and in it was a coupon for $10 off a $25 purchase. It just so happens that dress slacks were on sale for $27 (normally $60). We each grabbed a pair of pants, each with a coupon in hand, and after a couple of trips, walked out with 3 pairs of slacks, and two dress shirts for $81. With the 4 coupons it was $40 in savings! And it was not dishonest in any way, the coupon only said "one per customer." We were each customers, and there was no daily limit. Yay for coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment