Monday, April 16, 2012

What's New

So a quick picture progression of our house:
3/17/2012



3/24/2012


3/31/2012


4/7/2012


4/14/2012


When I called today the construction manager said he plans on painters coming to do the interior on Wednesday this week. As long as all the subcontractors stay on schedule he thinks we could close the end of MAY! Which would practically be perfect. When I had talked to the realtor (the female one) she said they were planning on being done July 20th... which didn't sit well with us. First, because how could they drag this out for another 4 months? Also, our lease is up the end of June, so we would be homeless (again) for almost a month. If we close the end of May, then we won't have a mortgage payment until July, so we won't have to do any double mortgage/rent. Needless to say, we're pretty stoked about it.

In other news. We made these cute vases in Young Women's for Easter, and I just had to share.


Milo gets jealous when he sees you doing something besides petting him. He likes to get up in your business and guilt you into paying attention to him.

Doug and I went to see Hunger Games. I had read the books (and liked them) but he hadn't... yet. He still thought the movie was good. Despite the fact that during an intense moment we had to evacuate the theater because of a fire. Thankfully, it was only our theater, and they got the fire (in a custodial closet or something) under control, and we got to go back in and watch the last half. First we got ticket vouchers though, we're saving those for another date night. Anyways, now I've gotten Doug in to reading the books. I bought the first book for my Kindle even though I have the hardback copy (for all three books). It looks nice on my bookshelf, but the electronic version is nice because Doug and I could read it at the same time (me on my kindle, and Doug on his iPad). We ended up buying all three in electronic form, for that very purpose. I mean, hey, if it gets him reading, it's money well spent (again). Besides, the price for the electronic version is less than seeing a movie in a theater for just one person. That's my justification. We decided to spend our date money on reading for the weekend.

Well, that's the update for now. Hopefully we'll be in our new house soon, and I can take pictures of the INSIDE.

No comments:

Post a Comment