Guys, it's already been another month! It feels like I was just writing her 2 month stats yesterday. Here we go.
- Unofficial weight and height, 9.6 lbs and 23.5" long
- Still fitting in the 3 month clothes, some are still a little big, but she fits most of them pretty well. I expect her to fit in them for at least another month before we have to move on.
- The hair on the top of her head is growing so she's like a little chia pet. The sides and back need to catch up.
- She's officially sleeping through the night! If I feed and put her down at 7-8 pm she will sleep until at least 6 am the next morning. Sometimes she wakes up in the middle, but if I give her back her pacifier she will sleep again. She did this all herself, so hopefully I don't have to sleep-train too much later on. Fingers crossed.
- She's awake most of the day, with a nap after her first morning meal, and another nap in the early afternoon. She's doing better at staying content when she is awake, so I'm able to do things like eat, clean, and blog.
- She's still eating about every 3 hours during the day, and the amount varies from 2-7 oz. She'll eat a lot when she first wakes up and then another big one in the afternoon, but the other feedings are hit or miss. (It's so fun pouring 4 oz down the drain because she decided to only eat 1 that time.... But then 2 hours later she's hungry and will eat 6 oz.)(And lest you say, "Just make a little at a time," we've tried that, but once we take the bottle away to fill up or burp her, she doesn't want to eat anymore even if she only ate 2 oz.)
- She's become a drooling machine. I almost wonder if she started teething, because for a while she was running a mild fever and was fussy. No sign of little teefies yet though.
- She smiles more readily and it seems she tries to imitate my sounds when I coo back at her.
- She loves it when I sing Yankee Doodle or She'll be Comin' Round the Mountain while I pump her legs like she's riding a horse.
- Her favorite songs are Soft Kitty, the ABC's in French, and You Are My Sunshine
- She's getting interested in looking at books, especially the ones with really bright colors.
- Getting close to rolling over, she'll get up on one side but gets stuck on her elbow. She almost has full control holding her head up. Most of the time it's steady, but once in a while her head flops forward.
- We just got a play mat with the things that hang down so she has something to look at (other than the "spirits" on the ceiling. You know, the ones who make her smile and laugh for no reason... creeps me out.) She is fascinated with the elephant that plays music.
Things are going smoothly. She's a lot less colicky now, if she gets fussy it's usually because she's tired or bored. She typically doesn't like tummy time, so one day when she was starting to get fussy I figured I'd give her tummy time, if she was going to fuss anyways. And what do you know? 30 seconds in and she fell fast asleep. It doesn't work all the time, but often enough. I think I've really gotten to the point where I can say I truly love being a mom. Those first 12 weeks were rough for a lot of reasons. She would cry so much or intensely and it would give me anxiety. My heart rate would rise and it stressed me out so much. And when they're that new they don't have much of a personality (at least that I could tell), so it's hard to enjoy such a demanding little creature when they don't give much back. Sure there are moments when she's all cuddly and cute, but moments are just moments and they're hard to recall while you're having an anxiety attack. But now we have a happy momma and happy baby. It helps that I'm finally getting a full night's sleep on a regular basis, and I have time to make better meals (you know, more than a poptart and a can of coke for breakfast).
 |
| We went outside to take these pictures |
 |
| I'm glad she likes to sleep through church, for now. |
 |
| All ready to go out for a ride in the car. |
 |
| A "good" breakfast, Scrambled Petes |
 |
| Her eyelash progression. |
 |
| Got some hats from Gymboree for our upcoming trip to San Diego. This one is size 0-3 months... |
 |
| Her favorite book right now, it has a popup rainbow at the end that she loves. |
 |
| This is as far as she can roll over, but then she does break dance moves and spins around in a circle. |
No comments:
Post a Comment