Thursday, November 12, 2015

9 Months with Baby teeth

Seriously, can blogger be any more annoying trying to arrange the pictures?  I was trying to get them in chronological order, but gave up.  Anyways, I'm a bit late this month because of our fun trip back East.  Katelyn's stats are:
  • Weight: 16 lbs 9 oz (13%), Height: 27.36" (41%), Head: 16.9" (16%)
  • She sleeps through the night (still), going to bed from 6:30-8 depending on the night, and waking around 7-8:00 am.  I've been putting her down while she's still a little awake, she cried at first, but doesn't cry anymore.
  • She takes a morning and afternoon nap, the morning nap lasts about 30 minutes usually, and the afternoon nap can be 60-90 minutes.  I try to put her in her crib for the morning nap, she cries for a minute and then is asleep.
  • She has learned to clap her hands and just today she mimicked me clapping my hands.  That's the first real time I've seen her recognize an action I make, and mimic it.  
  • She does make sounds after me, but they don't always match.  She mostly makes throat noises (grunts, gurgles, yells), but every so often she works on her consonant sounds too.
  • Her bottom two teeth have popped through.  The first was on Oct. 28th and the second one was Nov. 8th.
  • She's very close to crawling, she props her chest all the way up so she just needs to get her knees up under and push them.  For now she mostly rolls to whatever she wants to get.
  • I did get a jumper seat, and I think it has helped her trunk strength because now she can sit up better in booster seats and things without shoulder straps.  She's not sitting on the floor all by herself yet, but she's close.
  • I've been working on getting her to put more weight on her feet, but she fights me and cries the whole time.
  • She's still doing a really good job at eating the pureed baby foods.  I've tried introducing crackers and the food with little bits in it, and she hates it all.  I know she can chew, I've seen her do it, but I think she gets upset that she can't just swallow the food like she's been doing.  She pushes my hand away if she sees something in my fingers and presses her lips closed.  If I put bits on the spoon she'll take an initial bite, spit it out, and then won't open her mouth for any more food.  I don't know where she gets her stubbornness from...
  • I've let her play with crackers, hoping she'll put them in her mouth herself, but the only things she'll put in her mouth are her pacifier, a bottle (only if she's hungry) and a spoon (only if she's hungry, and it has regular baby food).
  • Her favorite toys right now are board books, she doesn't usually open them but she likes looking at the cover and flipping them over.  She really likes the stacking rings too, mostly pulling all the rings off and throwing them.
It's been an eventful month with quite a few changes.  We got a carrier so I can wear her when we go to the aquarium, she likes being able to get close and see the fish.  We got the jumper seat which has been really nice as she's gotten more mobile.  I can set her in it and she'll stay entertained for 15-20 minutes.  She will roll 3-4 times all in a row and end up at the other end of the room.  I've rolled up some towels to work as bumpers so she doesn't bang into the tv stand or other hard things on the floor.  She's so curious about everything and wants to hold and look at things.  She doesn't put them in her mouth which is nice, but it makes it hard to get her to eat.  She's doing better at catching Milo (rolling over to him and getting a swipe/pet before he runs away).
Our trip back East was a lot of fun.  I'm still getting used to traveling with a baby, it's definitely a challenge and takes planning and patience.  I don't know how the mothers do it on their own, getting through security takes at least 2 people.  Katelyn did pretty well on the flight there, but on the flight home she was really tired and cried for a good portion of it.  She was a little wary of meeting the new family at first, especially Cathy the first night because she was so tired.  If she was well-fed and rested she got along with the "strangers" really well and warmed right up.  On Tuesday we went to the aquarium in Inner Harbor with Cathy.  We really like that aquarium, but with all the escalators you can't bring a stroller, so I wore her in the carrier.  It's times like that that I'm grateful she's small for her age.  Thursday we went to the Maryland zoo.  The weather was perfect, overcast but warm.  Then we drove to Pittsburgh on Friday.  The drive there was really pretty, a lot of the trees still had colored leaves, and it seemed like the majority of the drive had trees on the side.  Katelyn had such a fun time with her cousins in Pittsburgh.  They were always ready to give her toys and attention.  I'm glad we got to be there for Spencer's baptism.  It was cute to see his excitement, and Mom and Sarah gave some really good talks.  I'm glad made the trip, but I definitely need a little break before we travel again.
Almost everywhere we go, people comment about her hair.

She loves her books

An example of nicely petting Milo, seconds before she grabs fur.
She loves her jumper seat, the flower is fascinating.
Big girl sitting on the church bench
Discreetly snapping a photo, service hadn't started yet.
She's so good at opening her mouth for me when she's hungry.

Had to get a get a photo on Great-Grandma's couch
Adding more tummy time
Oct. 29th, peek at tooth
Maryland Zoo, the walk to the exhibits was beautiful.
Wondering where Mommy is
The giraffe house at the zoo
My own baby giraffe face, she wasn't amused.
Elephants in the distance.
In Pittsburgh at the nature reserve park. (Photo credit: Sarah)
I can't look up when she's on my shoulders, her legs are so short she would fall off.
The whole happy group.
Family photo
Enjoying refreshments after the baptism.
All the cute cousins!
"Funny-face" poses
Photo bombed
Katelyn's ticklish toes
Halloween, she didn't like the head piece.

Look at this cheesy face

No comments:

Post a Comment