Went to the Museum of Natural History. That was a lot of fun, I couldn't help trying to find all the spots featured in the movie "Night at the Museum." I got a picture with the Eastern Island Statue
We walked around Central Park for a bit and then went off to find the Hard Rock Cafe. I got the twisted macaroni and it was delicious!
Second Day:
Went to Staten Island on the ferry. Then to Liberty and Ellis Island. We came back to Times Square and walked around and in to the cool stores. Such as the Toys-R-Us, the M&M's store, Hershey's store, etc etc. We ate at TGI Fridays. Yum.
Third Day:
Went to the Metropolitan Museum. We spent a lot of time there. There's just so much to see. I was amazed at all the artifacts, I've seen a bunch of that kind of stuff in text books, it was just so much different seeing it for real. Like the Met is one of those "real" museums where the real stuff is, not just one of those little podunk museums I've been to that have the "fake" cheap stuff. I don't know, it was just cool. After the museum we stopped at a hot dog stnad and got hot dogs. Man they were good! I don't know what spices or whatever they put in them, but it's delicious. We then walked through Central Park, it's so stinkin' big! There's a cool little castle right in the middle of it.
As a side note. It really wasn't that bad staying at a hotel right by the airport. There was a free shuttle to the airport from the hotel, so we'd take that to the AirTrain, which took us to the subway. The subway ride was maybe 30-45 minutes and the air conditioning was great. I'd do it again anytime. Being back in Provo I'm really missing the subway system. It was just so convenient.
sounds like fun! you guys really were brave to do such a vacation for your honeymoon! I guess it just shows what an adventurous couple you are!
ReplyDeleteCharly