Tuesday, August 10, 2010

One year older, and wiser too

Wow. Doug and I have almost been married a year! Crazy how time goes by so fast (unless you're working at the laundry and it's 20 minutes until lunch). When we went up Millcreek Canyon with Mom, Grandma, Sarah, and her kids (baby James is super cute btw) Sarah asked me what I've learned this past year. At the time I couldn't really answer, I'm much better at multiple choice questions, I stink at free response. So now that I have had time to ponder on the question, I have come up with some responses.

  • Don't sweat the small stuff. Just because your significant other can't seem to get his dirty clothes in the laundry basket is no reason to get bitter and resentful.
  • Be patient. Boys are weird, and they think weird ways. It takes time to explain why you (a girl) is right. Lots of time.
  • I'm not always right. This may contradict the previous response. Proving, I am not always right.
  • People have very different views about money, how to save it, how to use it, and what to spend it on. Me=Consumer. Doug=Saver.
  • People's views about money don't always coincide with their views of food (special, non-staple food), how to save it, use it, etc. Me=Saver. Doug=Consumer.
  • I'm not heartless, I actually have emotions, and they show more now.
  • He can't read my mind and know what he did to make me upset. I have to use words.
  • Being married is a lot more work than dating, but there are more rewards
To update on the previous post. Pepper and Milo have become good friends now. They cry if we put them in separate rooms at night, and they enjoy chasing each other and acting like lions and tigers (not bears). I'm glad we got Pepper a friend, plus Milo is a lot sweeter and more of a teddy bear than Pepper. He likes to cuddle, and she.... doesn't.

Aren't they cute together? My babies.

1 comment: