This will be a mushy gushy post. Consider yourself warned. I just want to gush over how great my hubby is, you all can be jealous. On our last anniversary I posted things I had learned over the past year. Now it's been two years, and I've learned even more.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. If I'm feeling upset about something he can't guess what it is, I need to tell him, and vice versa. If I want him to do the dishes, or take out the trash, I need to tell him and not be upset when he doesn't just notice.
- It's important to think about the other person's needs, and make sacrifices to fulfill those needs. Doug needs the security of being financially stable; I don't like working, but I want to help him out in the way he needs me to.
- Marriage is just as much work during school as it is being graduated, just less homework.
- It's fun living with your best friend.
- Patience. Nothing is perfect right at first. But it always gets better.
- Love is shown in lots of ways, find as many as you can.
- Hearing, "I love you" never gets old.
- The time you spend being angry is all wasted, and you can never get that time back. You'll regret it later.
Doug is the perfect man for me. He puts up with all of my idiosyncrasies. We got cats because I love animals, they can be a real pain, and financial burden, but Doug puts up with all of it. He doesn't mind that some nights I just don't feel like cooking, and he'll eat Ramen Noodles. He listens when I'm upset, and bless his heart, he always tries to fix the problem. I love how he will randomly burst out in song. I love how generous and caring he is to me, and to other people. He is so good at looking past my faults, and forgiving me so quickly. He doesn't hold grudges, something I can learn. He tries so hard to be a good provider, and make sure our lives are comfortable. He's the cutest, sweetest person in the whole world, and he's all mine. I can't wait for him to finally come home. But it's true, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Happy Anniversary (on Monday) Doug. You're the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment