Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ketchup? Catsup? Oh, catch up

Let's catch up:
  • Doug has been home for 2 months now and we're getting into the swing of things with "real jobs."
  • We got the title for Aunt Eula's car, and Doug has been driving it to the Trax Station in the mornings. Thank goodness, it's so nice having two cars.
  • We found MICE in the garage! I thought Doug was joking when he said he saw one run past him. Eeew, makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. We got "sticky traps" from apartment management, but the traps are empty, go figure. I refused to park in the garage for a couple days, but it's gotten too cold outside and I'd rather encounter a mouse than scrape my windows. I know, we have cats and cats are supposed to catch mice, right? Well, tell that to Milo and Pepper; freeloaders.
  • I got a new job. Yay! Okay, it's not really that exciting, I'll be answering phones and entering orders on a computer, whoop-de-do. But it's a $2 increase in pay and I'll be getting a full 40 hours a week with my weekends off. Let's just say I won't be too sorry to leave my current place of employment on Nov. 4th. (Happy Birthday to Sarah)
  • I got called to be the Mia Maid advisor in my ward. I really enjoy it! I taught a lesson two weeks ago, and will teach this next Sunday again. I went to mutual (it's a lot different being an adult). It's weird how much the Young Women program has changed in the 4 years I've been gone, and yet it's still so much the same. It makes me try harder to be a good example because I know they look up to me.
  • I want to dress my cats up for Halloween. Milo as Puss in Boots, the new movie has inspired me. "Look at your cat. Now look at me. Back to your cat, now back to me. Sadly, your cat is not me." And Pepper as a pirate. She has a goopy eye (from a cold) and I really want to put a patch over it because it makes my eyes water looking at the poor thing. So naturally a pirate is my costume of choice.
  • Doug and I really enjoyed General Conference. All of the talks were so inspired. It has become a mini tradition to make Carrot Soup at General Conference. (We make carrot soup pretty often anyways, but it goes so well with being spiritually fed.) And what's General Conference without a family nap in between sessions?


I'm the one under the cats, in case you couldn't tell.

And that's the past few months in a nutshell for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment