Sunday, July 29, 2012

Kitty Post- Pun intended

We have been in our new house for almost a month, and I think we have broken it in.  We realized the second bathroom waterlines were switched.  So when you turned on the "cold" water it was actually hot, and vice versa.  I called Dave (the builder/realtor guy) and he got a plumber over here.  Luckily it was just the sink and shower that were switched.  The plumber said it would be a lot harder to fix if the toilet was wrong too.  We found ants roaming around when we first moved in, but we put some poison out and haven't seen too many since.  We also had to take the doorknob off the master bathroom and switch it with the cat's room.  This house has the lever handles, and it only took Milo a couple of days before he was up to his old tricks.  If you don't know what I'm talking about check out this post and this post.  Other than that, I think this place is perfect....

A couple of weeks ago when we were grocery shopping I was bagging our food (Winco) and saw these paper bags.  I thought, "Hmm, bet the cats would like playing in these for a day."  So I grabbed them.  I was right.  I put their toys in the bags, and they loved crawling in and attacking them.  Milo also liked sitting inside waiting to ambush Pepper as she walked by.
At work they found a litter of kittens in the warehouse.  There were 5, but one was dead.  There was a white, orange, gray, and black one left.  We called animal control to come pick them up, we couldn't find the mom.  Until AC showed up we held them to keep them warm.  But let's be honest, it was also because they were so stinkin' cute.  I'm guessing they were only a few days old because their eyes were still closed and they still had their umbilical cords, but they looked like they had been eating and had round tummies.  Animal control told us they would take them, and foster them, but if any of us wanted one we could just call.  I think one girl from work will definitely take the gray one, and another girl has the black one already.  Doug said we could take one, but our HOA only allows 2 pets.  So we would have to get rid of one (Pepper most likely), and that would be too hard.  Even though Pepper can be a little beast sometimes, Milo sure loves her.

I got to hold this one, and named it Salt :)

We also bought another scratching post.  (Get the pun now?)  I wanted one downstairs to discourage Pepper from scratching my couch.  We saw them at Costco (love that store!) a few months ago for $80!  Unless you have shopped for scratching posts that may seem pricey.  But tall ones at pet stores and even online go for at least $100-140.  We didn't buy it at the time because we were just getting ready to move, and didn't want to have to move one more thing.  Then when we got into our place they weren't at Costco anymore.  Well, I'm happy to announce on Monday when we went to Costco to just buy cheese (and only cheese) the posts were back.  I didn't want to chance them not being there another time, so we bought one.  So now I have it in my living room, and love it.  They have completely left my couch alone.  I think they prefer to sleep up high and observe us lowly humans at eye level. 

They fight over who gets the top.

But when Pepper is up there, Milo will attack her tail unless it's tucked in.

Milo is King.

No comments:

Post a Comment