Hello Friends,
I have not fallen off the face of the earth, but I did forget about this blog... I think the issue is so many of the things I would blog about are too personal (for little miss introvert), ranting about people who could find this blog (and then little miss introvert would be unemployed), or about my cats (I love a good cat post as much as the next person, but I know when enough is enough).
Safe topics:
Over New Year's Doug and I went and saw Les Miserables in the theater. He wasn't too sure about it, but I convinced him it would be good. It was good, but ... we were sitting in front of a young woman who thought she needed to sing along with all the songs (I guess in case we couldn't hear all the lyrics in the dolby surround sound theater <insert sarcasm here>). It's a sad movie, but it's tragic to sit through someone sobbing (blubbering, snotty, watery sobbing) each time a beloved character dies (which is all the time). So, to my delight, Doug bought the movie recently. We have been able to enjoy it in the privacy of our own home and it has quickly become a favorite of mine.
I recently went to the doctor to get medication for my asthma. In case you didn't see my Facebook rant, the visit didn't end well (on my part). I told him that I needed an inhaler for my asthma because I've been trying to exercise more (to lose some weight), but when I exercise I have asthma attacks. He took this as an opportunity to tell me (in great detail) how I'm headed down the road to diabetes and numerous health problems. "Did I know he was a nutritionist, and he has written many books on the topic? That he has a radio talk show on Sunday afternoons, and nutrition classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays? Or that I can pay him $30 for a one-on-one consultation with him?" Nope, just a sad coincidence that I picked his name on a list of doctors in Network. He laid out an elaborate diet and supplement plan to get me back on the straight an narrow (pun intended, get it?). He also suggested I have my blood tested, for diabetes, thyroid, etc.
Fast forward to a week later when I went back for the test results. Oh my, I'm completely normal, healthy as a horse, and he could scarcely contain his shock. Good news is I got the inhaler, it has 5 refills before I have to put up with another doctor (I won't be going back to this one).
I'm currently teaching the 11 year olds in Primary at church. I miss my 8 year olds, they didn't play with their cell phones (yes 11 year olds with cell phones), they were excited to look up scriptures in their new scriptures, and I had a semblance of authority. 11 year olds are hooligans, twelve 11 year olds just isn't fair. I look forward to holiday weekends because most of the "problem children" go out of town. (Is that bad? Yeah, it's bad). I guess there could be worse callings, but I've always thought I would be a good librarian. "How many copies?" "I can put those pictures away." "Here, let me roll the television to your class for you." I'm a natural.
Doug and I are planning a vacation to San Diego in May. I'm uber excited. We rented a condo on the beach for a week, and we plan on going to the San Diego Zoo (again, it's my favorite). They have a new Koala exhibit that's supposed to open in May, I hope we get to see it.
That's all I've got for now. I may or may not post again in the next 6 months.
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment