Another month has come and gone. I'm amazed at how much Katelyn changes in even just a week. Here are some key developments:
- Her stats: 9.26 lbs (13%), 21.65" (22%), head 14.6" (9%)
- She's fitting in the 0-3 month clothes really well, but the Carter's brand 3 month size is still a little too big. The size 1 Huggies are starting to fit better too, she has really chunky thighs but a little waist, so it's hard to get them on tight.
- She smiles and giggles a lot more and will try to imitate you sticking out your tongue.
- She's eating just formula now, and eats 2-4 oz every 3-4 hours.
- She slept for over 10 hours two nights in a row! Too bad that didn't last long, now she's back to around 5 hours for the night.
- Her eyelashes have gone from blonde to brown and I'm pretty sure they've gotten longer too.
- She love love loves baths! Sometimes that's the only way I can get her to stop crying at night. The minute she even hears the water running she'll calm down.
- She is still a little colicky, some days are better than others. The worst day I remember was almost nonstop crying from 1-9 pm, but most days it's closer to just a couple hours.
- She's getting close to rolling over, sometimes she'll sleep on her side. She's also getting close to being able to hold her head up, I guess that tummy time is paying off.
- We like going for walks in the stroller. Katelyn likes being outside and moving, and will usually fall asleep, and I like getting outside and exercising, and having her fall asleep.
- The cats are starting to show a little more interest in her, but for the most part they leave her alone. Pepper does get concerned when Kate's crying really hard and will come over to investigate.
We finally got a motorized swing, a baby monitor, and a rocking chair. The swing works great at keeping her in a good mood, but it won't calm her down if she's already crying. It's nice finally having a monitor so she can sleep in her crib at night and I can hear her crying loud enough to wake up. It's just a cheap monitor that my friend gave me, but it works great for my needs and Doug doesn't have to worry about it getting hacked. We got the rocking chair at Shopko (I'm surprised Shopkos are even still around) and it's so nice. It makes the mid-night feedings a lot more comfortable, I find myself falling asleep while I burp her.
Doug gave her a sweet blessing on March 29th. One of my favorite parts was that she'll look out for others with a kind heart and be a good example of Christ. It was so nice that Doug's brothers and both of our dads were able to be there in the circle. She has so many people who love her and good examples to follow. Doug had to leave for New York that night after the blessing. I think I did well taking care of her on my own for a few days. I guess it helped that Mom came over almost every night....
 |
| I need some crackers for all this cheese. |
 |
| This is a Wubbanub, it's supposed to help keep the pacifier in place, I'm still on the fence about its effectiveness, but it's sure cute. |
 |
| Her very first Nikes |
 |
| Pepper wanted to go to New York with Doug. |
 |
| Kate's blessing outfit. I found the dress at Macy's for $20, the rest were pieces I already had. |
 |
| She's happiest when she first wakes up. |
 |
| 2 months down, a lifetime to go. |
No comments:
Post a Comment