It doesn't feel like she's really 7 months old already, but in other ways it feels like she's been in our family forever. A little bit about her progress this past month.
- Weight 15.4 lbs, height 26 inches
- She's outgrown the 6 month sized clothes and even a few of her 9 month sized pajamas are a little snug.
- She's eating pureed foods really well. I've found that she doesn't like anything at room temp, even the fruits and veggies need to be heated just a little bit. She didn't like the plain rice cereal either, so I got a mixed grain cereal with sweet potato and apple flavor - which she gobbles up like there's no tomorrow. We've worked our way through most of the single veggies and fruits so now we're on to the Stage 2 mixed foods. I was confident she'd do fine with all the fruits, but I was surprised she took to turkey+rice and those weird things. So far no allergy indications. Since we don't have a family history of food allergies (that I'm aware of) her doctor pretty much gave me the green light to give her anything except cow's milk and honey.
- She's still sleeping through the night just fine. She gets sleepy around 6-6:30 pm so she's usually in bed by 7-7:30. She'll stay asleep until 6-8 am (ish, sometimes I hear her moving around in the middle of the night so I know she's awake, but she doesn't make a peep). In the mornings she doesn't make much noise either unless I take too long to go get her.
- She's learned to find and pick up her pacifier and put it in her mouth on her own. I love it! I've even seen her do it in her sleep; she'll feel around, find it, and pop it back in her mouth without opening her eyes. I have a feeling that weaning her off the pacifier will be a royal chore, but for now I will enjoy the peace it brings.
- She still doesn't have any teeth poking through, and no real signs of teething either. Her gums are a little bumpy, so I think it will be soon but who knows.
- No sign of crawling or sitting anytime soon either. She is a stinker because I know she has the balance and strength to sit (it was one of the things I asked her doc about), but she chooses not to. I'll have her sitting on my lap with no support and she'll last for 5-10 seconds and then do her back-bend-lunge. Crawling might happen in the next few weeks because she is starting to want the toys that are out of reach. Right now she rolls over to grab them, but I think she'll quickly learn she can get more stuff if she moves more. The only problem is that she still doesn't like being on her belly, so as soon as she gets the toy she wants, she rolls back onto her back.
- Her noises have become more babbling and less squealing. She gets so excited when you mimic her noises and carry on the conversation.
It's so fun seeing her personality develop. I'm finding it easier to know what she needs because she acts differently when she needs different things, instead of just crying for everything. If she's extra wiggly I know it's probably her diaper. Eye rubbing and fussy = sleepy (or she needs cuddles). Extra noisy = boredom. Crying usually means she has gas in her tummy, or she's too tired to fall asleep on her own. She's at such a fun age right now and I am thoroughly enjoying every minute.
 |
| Showing her school pride (Hail Mary for the win!) |
 |
| She loves her little fox |
 |
| Her signature sleeping pose |
 |
| Crossing her feet is a new development |
 |
| She also likes sucking in her bottom lip |
 |
| She loves Milo and gets so excited when he walks by |
 |
| Halfway roll |
 |
| Full roll onto her tummy. This is her, "Oh no, I'm stuck" face. |
 |
| These little noisy books were a great investment, they keep her entertained for a long time |
 |
| A pair of the 9 month pj's that already fit. |
 |
| She was so proud that she pulled a book from the stack all by herself |
 |
| Frustration that she can't get the foot in her mouth. |
No comments:
Post a Comment