Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Happy Half-Birthday to You!

*Edit- Whoops, turns out I didn't publish this when I wrote it...
Another month and another blog post.  Here we go:
  • Weight (as of 8/19) 14.77 lbs (19%), height 25.39" (28%)
  • Still fitting in 6 month clothes and some 9 month sizes.  I think she'll be out of the 6 month size by the end of the month.
  • She eats 5-8 oz every 3-4 hours.  We've introduced some solids and if she likes the taste she will eat it, taking real bites and swallowing right away.  If she doesn't like it she will let it run out of her mouth.  She likes: Sweet potatoes (the best), Carrots, and Apples.  She dislikes: Peas (the worst), Green beans, Rice cereal plain.  
  • She still isn't sitting up on her own, but she's doing better at staying up when I prop her on the couch.
  • No crawling either, but she is rolling around more.  I put a yoga mat on the floor with a sheet over it to keep her off the carpet.  We'll see how long that lasts.
  • She learned how to grab her foot this month, and now it's a favorite pastime.  So far she can only grab her right foot with her right hand, but she has been reaching for the left foot too.  I think she might be right-handed because she seems to favor it, grabbing toys, waving it around, etc.
  • She laughs more frequently now.  Mostly when I do goofy things like dance around.  But she does like being thrown in the air, peekaboo, and Mirrors!  Sometimes I can get her to stop crying just by standing in front of a mirror with her.
  • Still taking regular naps.  And it's almost like clockwork, 90 minutes after she started a bottle she is tired.  They last anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours sometimes.  She gets at least 3 naps a day, on a good day 4-5.  Sometimes she can fall asleep on her own, but the afternoon naps usually take some coaxing.
  • She goes to bed around 6:30-7:30 pm and will stay asleep until 7:30-9:00 the next morning.  She doesn't cry when she wakes up, I either hear her talking or just moving around.
Doug was in New York for two weeks and Katelyn and I survived!  It really wasn't that bad at all.  She has become a pretty relaxed baby so our days were easy, and she's always been good about going to bed, so nothing was too stressful.

The day after Doug got home from New York his manager got their team together for a hike and dinner.  The hike was the Mueller Park Trail in Bountiful.  At first we were going to skip it and just meet up for dinner, but we googled the trail and it said it was pretty flat and easy to do with kids.  So we went.  We figured we'd use the jogging stroller, the trail said mountain bikers use it, so the stroller with bike tires should be fine... right?  Well.  It was not mostly flat, and mountain bikers are nuts for riding on this "trail".  It wasn't very steep but it was uphill the whole way.  The worst part was the giant rocks in the middle of the trail, at some points we had to pick up the whole stroller.  Oh, and did I mention it was 3.5 miles to the top?  Going down was a lot easier, and she even liked the bumps.  Needless to say, we won't do that again soon.  And before I even consider doing a hike again, I'll need to get her used to a baby backpack or something.  

Elephant rock, at least the view was good.
Glad she enjoyed the hike.

Her eyes are so blue! 
The problem with stickers, they come off! 
She is doing a little better in the Bumbo, but doesn't last long.
Anything she grabs goes into her mouth.
Milo was rubbing against her hand, I think he's realizing she's a person.
This is where I put her when I need to vacuum the living room.
Just woke up, she typically sleeps with her hand behind her head.

Passed out from playing too hard.
She loves these little (noisy) books. 

And this is where I put her while I cook myself breakfast.
Let the fur-pulling saga begin!
Her newest trick.
Look at the baby orangutan from the Hogle Zoo!
Too tired to eat another bite.
Poor baby, peas ARE gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment