Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Homeless.

Well, we did it. We got out of our spider ridden apartment. Surprisingly enough, as we were packing and moving I didn't see any... where do they go? I swear they know when I'm home all alone. The other night I grabbed a Kleenex out of the box and just about had it to my nose when what did I see? You guessed it, a SPIDER. Right by my face! Doug wasn't home, but he probably could've heard my scream a mile away. I don't scream much, never at sporting events, not when I hurt myself, not even in Provo traffic. Spiders are pretty much the only thing that will raise a scream out of my little lungs.
That was a tangent I wasn't planning on making. I meant to tell about how we packed up our entire apartment in one day, got it into a 14' U-haul, and two Toyotas, and eventually made it back to our hotel room. Doug stayed home from work today and started packing things up this morning. I got home at 3. His parents came to help at about 4:30. By 6 we were on our way to the storage unit in Spanish Fork where we're keeping our stuff until the condo closes. We get to the storage place around 6:30. Find our unit... with the lock still on it, and the office closed at 6... I panicked. But we got it open and by 7:30 we were done. We still had boxes at the apartment, and we had to clean. So we went back, filled up both cars again (we had returned the U-haul) and closed the door to Cambridge Court for the last time. It was a good feeling. Now it's just a wait until we get to undo what we spent so long doing today. But I don't mind so much. The hotel has a very nice heater.

3 comments:

  1. Your post made me start singing to myself. "Hooooomeless. Hoooooomeless ... like the CHrist child was. We are not hoooooomeless. Hooooooomeless...." Oh, wait. YOU are! Kinda. Ok, I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are finally warm and spider free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I wrote the title I was thinking of that song too Jen.

    ReplyDelete