Plus we got a Christmas surprise. We have been thinking about getting a kitten, but were waiting until we were in a place that allowed pets. On Boxing Day I was just browsing the ksl.com classifieds and found one that had just been posted. I called to see if we could come see the kitten. The lady found her in the backyard under the bushes on Christmas night. She waited to see if the mom cat would come back, but at around 9 she brought the kitten in so it wouldn't freeze. The next day she tried putting it back outside for the mom to come get it, but she didn't. The lady was allergic to cats, and needed to give it away asap. We went and saw it and I adored it. How could you not?


We think it is a "she" and that she is about 4 weeks old. Usually kittens stay with their moms until they are about 8 weeks old. That's when they can really do things on their own. We got kitten formula and have been feeding her a bit with a bottle. We are also feeding her a mixture of the formula and canned kitten food. She loves it and gets all messy because she's just learning how to eat from a dish. I was worried for a while because she hadn't pooped at all but she had been eating. Very young kittens can't eliminate on their own and they need stimulation to poop. She seemed old enough to do it on her own, so I was worried she had worms or was constipated or something. But she's pooped twice now! The first time was on the bathroom floor (we keep her in the bathroom at night) and the second time was in the litter box! She's so smart already. I feel like a proud parent of a potty trained kid... even though one success doesn't necessarily mean she's trained. But it is a victory. Mostly she eats and sleeps. She likes to cuddle up close to us on the couch and sleep. That's what she is doing right now. She hasn't caught on to playing with toys yet, they scare her. But she will be a lot of fun.
She still doesn't have a name, hopefully we'll pick one out tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment