Friday, March 4, 2011

In like a lion...

Viva Las Vegas... almost. We're going for the Mountain West Conference Tournament (Men's b-ball) but any excuse to go to Vegas, miss school, and gamble (maybe not the last part) is good enough for me. Doug bought tickets to all the sessions, on Thursday BYU will only play in one session (don't know which one yet, so to be safe he bought tickets to both). So once we find out which session we aren't going to we can sell the tickets. B-ball fans pay big bucks for tickets. Just Wednesday a guy at Doug's work gave him (Doug) his (guy's) season tickets for the game. We sat in row 15 center court= awesome. I could see the wood grain in the court. The game was sold out (students were camped out in tents in line for their tickets since Sunday night) so we sold our old seats (row 110 or something like that) for $45... each!! I sorta feel sorry for the sucker who bought them because we lost, horribly.
Sidenote: We've been talking about grammar in my English class. I know I've been going parentheses crazy, but according to her you can, "break the rules as long as you know the rules, and you aren't just arbitrarily doing it." To be honest, I don't know the proper way to use parentheses yet, but they're really fun, and helpful to keep you (the reader) following what I (the writer) am thinking.
Well only 49 days until graduation, but who's counting? Doug and I found an apartment we would like to live in and put a deposit down. That was last Friday. They still haven't called us back to tell us how the background and credit check went. It should be fine though, right? This is the website in case you were interested. We got the 3 bedroom townhome with a garage. I like the extra space, and I wouldn't mind living there for a few years or so until we can get a home. Compared to all the other apartments we looked at this one had the most space for the least cost. Not to mention they are brand new, still being built.
Viva Las Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment