Friday, March 18, 2011

Madness, March Madness

I--Lizzie--coming from a household full--except for Dad--of girls, has never really lived through this so-called "March Madness" business. Last year wasn't too exceptional, I hardly remember it. But this year, Jimmer Madness has made March Madness even more mad. Doug and I went to Las Vegas for the Mountain West Tournament. It was lots of fun, even though we lost in the finals. Sidenote: San Diego State fans are awful! They are so crude and rude, which is exponentially elevated through copious amounts of alcohol.

Now the madness begins. BYU was given the number 3 seed and is playing in Denver tomorrow. Today Doug's brother suggested they drive to Denver for the game. So Doug is in a car and I am watching Bones and blogging (I might've gone but I have a field trip tomorrow that I will discuss later in this post). Doug texted me this picture. He was so proud. He hooked his computer up to our tv and had all four basketball games going on at once.


So for my Animal Husbandry class we have two field trips. The class is 3 credits, but we are only in the classroom for 2 hours a week. We go on field trips to make up for the extra hour/week we're not in class. I'm really excited for them. Tomorrow we will be going to my professor's house--he has an alpaca farm--and a dairy, and somewhere else. We will help him shear an alpaca, draw blood from a ram and alpaca, and a few other things. The next field trip will be April 14th, we will go to a sheep farm, turkey farm, and turkey production plant. The sheep farm will be in peak lambing, so chances are I'll get to see a lamb being born, and cuddle with a few. Maybe that's where the saying "In like a lion, out like a lamb" comes from... lambs being born, coming out at the end of March...hmmm.

The only thing that makes me less excited about my field trip is the fact that currently an injury to my lower back limits my movement and ability to wrestle goats. Wednesday night we had a Relief Society Activity (I'm on the committee and had to help set up). I pulled out the giant rack of chairs, stacked to full capacity, from the closet. The job fell to me because everyone else there was pregnant, and we didn't want any early labor. Apparently, I failed to properly brace my legs as I pulled the 1,000 lbs of chairs out of the closet. I woke up Thursday, jumped out of bed, and promptly collapsed to the floor. I crawled back into bed thinking, "Shoot me now. I can't work like this, I can't shower like this, I have to turn in a project today. Shoot me now." Doug went to work and left me at home to recuperate, until the afternoon when I had to go to class. I worked on my project practically all day (don't even get me started on that stupid class). I had a little incident in the bathtub, mainly I was lying down and couldn't sit up for a little while. I am doing better today, but I doubt I will be 100% by tomorrow.

I also chopped off my hair on Monday. I was getting so sick of styling it everyday, so most days I didn't. It got in the way all the time. Doug would put his arm around me and pull it, it would get staticky, tangled, not worth it. He didn't want me to cut it, but every time it got in the way I would say, "If I had short hair, this wouldn't be a problem." Finally, I got through to him. It's shorter in the back than I've ever had it. It's a fun new challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment