Over General Conference weekend I did use my cake decorating kit, for cookies. Sugar cookies. I used this recipe and they turned out very tasty. I also used this recipe for the icing. It worked great. A little tedious to spread the thin icing without it spilling off the sides. Next time I think I'll try dipping them in the icing. I only had one set of cookie cutters, thanks to Cathy. They are woodland creatures: Moose, bear (that doesn't really look like a bear), porcupine, squirrel, fox, and a snail. Not quite sure how a snail made the cut when all the others are actual animals. Plus, Doug says the snail looks like a whale, which it does, but I failed to get a picture of it. Overall, I really liked making the cookies. The icing wasn't as finicky as the buttercream, so it didn't melt, and it dries hard so you can stack them. Here are some pictures, also, I don't know why I chose blue, Doug wanted brown, but I don't have brown and no way am I going to experiment and try making it.
Could not get the pictures to rotate, but you can turn your heads. I was trying out the snowflake like in the OBB tutorial and then I was trying to be creative with the squirrel.
1 month ago



Fun! P.S. I'm going to be in Utah briefly the 2nd week in August for a lit. conference; will you be home to make me decorated cookies then? :)
ReplyDeleteAbso-freakin-lutely! Doug will be gone too, so I'll be looking forward to company
ReplyDelete