The Friday approaching my 17 week mark Doug texted me, "Should we find out the gender tomorrow?" And just like that, I was on board again to go early. Surprisingly enough, there were even appointments still available for that Saturday, so I made one and then had to patiently wait. When the time finally came, I was excited and nervous (just like I get before my doctor's appointments). The guy (doctor) who runs the place was super nice, and right away we were looking at our little baby on the screen. He asked which gender I thought it would be, and since the beginning I've thought it was a girl. He said in his experience, mothers are right 80% of the time. We saw the little heartbeat first, and I was amazed to see the little bones for the spine.
![]() |
| Already practicing yoga |
This was the first still shot we saw, and he said he could tell from the profile which gender it was. I still think he was pulling our leg (that somehow he'd seen a bum shot before focusing on this), but he told us it was a girl, "look at those pouty lips, how could it not be a girl?" he said.
![]() |
| It's a girl! |
But then we got to the definitive angles to prove she was a true girl. Even though I've been fairly certain (95% sure) from the beginning, I still felt awed and amazed to have it confirmed. It's not an "it" anymore, just using the pronoun "she" makes it feel more real. There's still a tiny part of me that worries "she" will turn into a "he" by the time I go to my next appointment, but logically I know it's silly.
![]() |
| This is one of my favorite still shots. Look at those tiny little fingers. |
Other news: I think I felt her really move for the first time on Sept. 5th. It was super weird, like a fish flopping around in my abdomen. To be honest, I didn't really like it and poked at her to make it stop. Since then I've felt other flutters here and there. Sometimes it's subtle, like a little tickle, and sometimes it feels like I have a frog jumping around in there.
%2Bcopy.jpg)
.jpg)
%2Bcopy%2B2.jpg)
Congratulations! And yay for impatience if it leads to fun discoveries! :)
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Little girls are so much fun! Congratulations you two!!
ReplyDelete