It's been so long since my last post, I don't know where to start catching up. It felt like the holidays were taking forever to get here and now they're over. And now that I'm on this side of the new year, it feels like my due date is right around the corner (which it is).
Nothing too eventful has happened in the pregnancy since the last post. My appointments have all gone well, and I'm down to one more 2-week visit on January 15th, and then 1-week visits from that point on. I feel her moving constantly, she has a tendency to poke out on my right side. At my last appointment the doctor said she was head down, and that at this point she will probably stay that way. I am feeling the sleep deprivation. Between the heartburn/acid reflux, back pressure, and hip pain, I'm lucky to sleep more than 2 hours at a time. I was sleeping on the couch for a while because the cushions were softer than my bed, and my tossing and turning wouldn't wake up Doug. But on Saturday we bought a foam mattress topper from Costco, and it makes the bed so much more comfortable. It seems like my first trimester nausea has made an unwelcome reappearance as well. It's the same queasy feeling, but it's not quite as constant as before. The good news is that I only have about 6 weeks left, and she could even come in 3 weeks and still be "full term". We just about have the nursery all ready. She could come now, and we'd be able to get by with what we have. Here are some belly progression pictures in case you haven't been following me on Facebook ;)
 |
| 25 weeks |
 |
| 30 weeks |
 |
| 34 weeks. It feels like my boobs are small, but it's only because my belly is HUUGE. |
 |
| Rag quilt mom and I made. It was hard picking "girly" fabric, I was drawn to the boyish stuff. |
 |
| Pepper claiming the quilt as hers |
In other news, my last day of work was December 31st. My manager gave me a baby shower/going away/birthday luncheon before Christmas. It was really sweet of her. I'll miss some of the people I worked closely with, but overall it's a relief to be done. My only fear with unemployment is losing a daily routine and becoming lazy. I expect to relax for a week or so, but after that point I hope to have a new daily routine that involves: showering (makeup is optional), cleaning, personal development (reading, studying, journal writing), and cooking a real dinner. We'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment